Wednesday 28 August 2013

In the name of Love.

People get enraged and het up about many different things.

Things that get my goat up are as follows: discrimination of any kind, inequality, narrow minded people, and politicians.

So to hear people getting passionate about culling badgers kind of makes me a little bit sad, when the world is full of much more important issues.

I was listening to a radio interview today with several badger culling protesters, and I almost ended up throwing my radio across the room.

I just wanted to shout, "Surely there are more important things to argue about!" (Sorry badgers.)

I am neither in favour or against badger culling, I just believe in the giant scheme of life, there are so many more serious issues we should feel inspired about.

Especially today, when its the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King making his famous 'I have a dream' speech.

A man who planted a seed of hope into a nation, and the world.

A man who gives me goosebumps every time I listen to his speeches.

Now you might be thinking, whats all this got to do with depression? And I'm about to tell you dear friend. Well kind of anyway.

I haven't had the best few days. Black dog has been biting at my heels, and I've felt so exhausted. Life has been so insansely busy recently, and I'm drained.

I've got work tomorrow, and I know I need to keep going, but all I want to do is hide under my duvet forever. I couldn't face going to my dance class tonight, as I just don't want to speak to anyone. Sometimes I have to retreat to advance. If that makes sense.

Anyway, listening to Martin Luther King, and writing all this down, has made me feel just a little bit better.

So that's the point.

Ok?

Good.

Now have a listen to this.






xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment