Thursday 4 July 2013

New experiences

After spending another 45 minutes of my life on the phone to BT, we now have our landline working.

However, we still do not have any Internet.

Never mind.

Take a deep breath Susie.

Try not to get too wound up about it….(a flurry of curse words are on the tip of my tongue, but I shall restrain myself.)

What else have I been doing with my time today...Hmm...

Oh yes, I have started a new course. It has the rather uninspiring and vague title of 'Employability and Personal Development' but I'm not holding that against them.

By 'them' I mean the nice people that are running it.

For free.

Which is very nice indeed.

So I felt like I was back in school again today. Except for the fact that I didn't have to go down to the bottom of a field to have a fag break. I could smoke freely and didn't have to worry about seeing a teacher scurrying over to tell me off.

The other ten people in the class are the usual range of misfits and oddballs that you'd expect on this kind of course (I do include myself under that banner, so I'm not being mean.) They seem like a friendly bunch though, and I have already made two friends.

The first was Damien, a serious biker and metal head from Poland. He wants to start his own business or something. He has got a very long beard that I would quite like to snip off. But I shall have to resist.

My second friend is called Abdula. He has the biggest grin in the world, and I really like his accent. He's from Sudan, and wants to learn how to drive a forklift truck. I want to talk to him again tomorrow because I'm nosey and I have a feeling he has lots of interesting stories to tell.

Early start again so I must rest up.....xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment