Sunday 17 March 2013

Black bubble

Theres nothing like a bit of country music to soothe your soul.

Songs full of sorrow, pain, heartache and memories.

Their stories of the past rarely end in happiness, yet I still feel empowered to listen to them. (I know sometimes I'm my own worst enemy...I once lent my ipod to my sister who complained that a lot of my music was rather depressing. Ah well, what you gonna do!)

Mary Chapin Carpenter, Trisha Yearwood, Dolly Parton, Johnny Cash, June Carter, LeeAnn Womack...just a few of my favourites...

Through music, books, paintings, and photographs, we can reach into someone elses soul. They allow us to make connections through sound and words, even when we feel disconnected from everything else around us.

An obvious statement perhaps, but sometimes when you're struggling through the darkness, you need every connection possible. Even if it is right in front of you.

You can probably tell I'm not having a great day. Or couple of days really. Its like walking around in a dark bubble, and despite various efforts, the bubble just refuses to burst.

xxx

1 comment: