Thursday 4 October 2012

Football tackling depression

Just a quick one tonight....

I was listening to Radio 2 earlier (yes I'm old...) It appears that Stoke City FC are becoming the first premier league club to actively address depression and the psychological welfare of their players. Quite shocked that this isn't done already. But anyway, there is going to be more about it on BBC breakfast tomorrow morning so I will try and set my alarm....

The sports chap on the radio then went on to have a chinwag with Leon Mckenzie, who's had his own battle with depression.

Anybody who raises the awareness of this horrible illness gets a massive thumbs up and a pat on the back from me.

Below is a link for an article with Leon McKenzie...an interesting read, and yet again more proof that anyone can suffer from mental health problems.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2071792/Leon-McKenzie-suicide-attempt-depression--interview.html

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment