Thursday 19 January 2012

positive tension

I've been sat in my room for the past hour, listening to the Stone Roses and staring out of the window. Its amazing how much time I can waste sometimes. But I wasn't really wasting time, I was letting my creative juices flow...

I'd been doing a bit of sketching, then had the urge to paint...but my brain felt blocked up and uninspired. Which is one of the most frustrating feelings in the world. Its like you know you've got an idea in the back of your brain somewhere, but its trapped behind a whole pile of crap and you cant get to it. Hence the staring out of the window and listening to Ian Brown (godlike genius), it somehow helped my brain refocus and get a bit of direction.

So now I'm in the middle of a painting (the idea was hiding behind a huge box of rules that were trying to rule my brain), but its going to be made up of loads of layers, which take ages to try....And instead of staring at the canvas shouting, "dry you bastard!" I thought I'd come down to the computer and tap tap tap away on the keyboard. A positive step...

All this stuff makes me think of one of my favourite songs.....

xxx

2 comments:

  1. gotta always listen to the brown and the roses..... pure genius musicians the music never dates it is class x Stay frosty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've met Brown. Penis. Sorry but he was. The rest relates thougjh. X

    ReplyDelete