Tuesday 29 August 2023

Back to blogging

Well that was a longer hiatus than I had intended. 

Almost 5 years.

A lot has happened.

I've changed.

The world has changed.

But some things remain the same.

I still love marmite, diet coke and fizzy strawberry laces (not mixed together, I'm not that mad.)

My favourite colour will be pink until the day I die.

And there is nothing better than the feeling of your bare feet on the earth, in the grass, sand, amongst the waves, grounding your self back into nature, toe by toe.

So why am I blogging again, and will I keep it up this time?

Not sure on the answer to the second part of the question I've posed myself, but I think I will keep it up, mainly because I need to write, and its a good habit for me. 

Which leads me to answer the first part of my question, why am I blogging again, why oh why because I am a scrappy little vagabond who needs to keep her brain active. 

I have so many thoughts, so much stuff in my head (mostly fluff and nonsense) its hard to make sense of it all. But writing helps. It always helps. 

And this job hunting malarky, I tell you what, its not easy. Its a marathon. In fact I feel like I'm back in the dreaded days of cross country running at school in the freezing cold, wearing nothing but a flimsy tshirt and blue gym knickers (so gross), getting a stitch and wishing I was back in my warm cosy bed.

I always wish I was back in my warm cosy bed haha.

Taking redundancy and a sabbatical has been the best thing I've ever done, and I wouldn't change it. That's something I need to remember. 

I know that job searching was always going to be something of a rollercoaster ride, I just need to make sure I'm strapped in. Ha. That was corny but I liked it. And what I mean is continuing to do all the things that I'm currently doing to keep my depression and anxiety manageable.

Thing like making sure I have time in nature, painting, writing, listening to comedy, watching old films, spending time with people who value and love me and making sure I don't turn into a bearded old hermit. 

The black dog barks so loudly, and I'm using all my strength to keeping him in his kennel. Its going to be a challenging few weeks coming up, but I know I can do it. I have to keep fighting. I have fought so long to find myself again I'm not going to let that filthy mutt have his way. I will find the right job and laugh in his face and do a little jig 😍




No comments:

Post a Comment