Monday 31 December 2012

2012 highlights....

Facebook keeps on telling me to 'share' my review of the year in order to have a look at my highlights of 2012. But I've decided to ignore this, and think of a few of my own.....

  • My best friend Laura getting engaged in Feb, whoop!
  • And then being asked to be her Maid of Honour  (hopefully not dishonour....!)
  • Enjoying my 26th birthday, and not being a grumpy chops about it.
  • Managing to get out of bed at 8am on four consecutive days each week (well, nearly each week...)
  • Going on holiday to Portugal, being brave and going on a plane and generally having oodles of fun in the sun
  • Celebrating the Queens Jubilee and managing to say at least 20 times a day, "I've met HRH don't you know."
  • Going to two amazing weddings and managing to have a great time without getting absolutely sozzled.
  • Pretty much sticking to my rule of only drinking alcohol at the weekend.
  • Getting asked to be bridesmaid for another bestie pal next year.
  • Meeting Mr B (this should really be at the start of the list, he is such a top banana.)
  • Seeing my sisters health improve and get a new job.
  • Waking up with a lemon in my handbag
  • Trying on the crown jewls (almost) and being a bit crazy in the tower of London with my adopted American sister Kat.
  • Joining two new art groups.
  • Making new friends and being totally overwhelmed at their courage and bravery in battling mental health illnesses.
  • Living on my own for 8 weeks in the summer, and seeing my confidence levels gain hugely. Yay me.
  • Laughing, smiling, and hugging all my super duper friends. I would be lost without you all.
  • Knowing that the adoption process that my cousin Ruth is going through in Thailand with Neung is going well, and they may be here this time next year, whoop!
  • Being welcomed into Mr B's family with so much warmth, love and understanding.
  • Having a lovely holiday in Dartmouth with Mama and Papa Pig in September.
  • Despite a few ups and downs, managing to enjoy Christmas for the first time in yonks.
Well....that was a longer list than I expected, cheers to that nuggets!

Much love and the warmest blessings for 2013 to you all

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment