Thursday 8 November 2012

headaches are such a...headache?

Woke up this morning with a headache again. How very irksome. Ummed and arrred about going into Bristol for my courses.

Got up and the world started spinning.

Went back to bed.

Got up again to try and go to my afternoon course.

Each bit of sunlight seemed to pierce into my brain.

Very painful.

Felt guilty for not going.

 Sat in a dark room.

 Daddy Pig told me not to feel guilty, that it was in fact, false guilt.

Sat in a dark room some more.

Drank some diet coke.

 I hate headaches. They stop me from doing anything.

 Drank some more diet coke.

Its pretty much gone now, and I've had a lovely evening, but still feel a bit wonky in my head.

4 years ago, or is it 5...I think it might be 5 actually...anyway, 5 years ago I had viral meningitis, and I swear that after that illness I've suffered from these debilitating headaches and migraines. I'm not a medical boffin (obviously) but it just seems too much of a coincidence. I never used to get them before the viral meningitis....but since then they seem to feature quite frequently in my life (and I promise its not just a permanent hangover!)

They also seem to crop up when my anxiety has been a bit on the fraught side. Or the black dog is barking, trying to weasel its way into my brain.

Sorry for the moan. But if I can't moan on here, where can I?

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment