Monday 12 November 2012

good things

And so Monday rolls around again.......

I've had a really busy weekend, full of fun, but my social skills were kind of put to the test (in a good way, if tests can be good? Yes, yes, I think they can...)...My brain needed a bit of a rest this morning and so I treated myself to a lie-in this morning. Delicious.

Turns out I'm going to have a busy summer too as I've been asked to be a bridesmaid for the second time! Completely suprised, honoured and so privileged. Marianne (bride to be in June) is one of my oldest friends. Our friendship is of the 3rd generation kind (how many people can say that?!) Our Dads were at Sunday school together, and our Grandparents were also good friends. Pretty cool bit of history I must say.

Feel like I'm becoming a bit of a wedding expert nowadays. So if in the future the job prospects aren't going well, wedding planner could definitely be on the agenda. Ha.

Its also amazing what has come out of these past 2 years. Marianne and I have always been good friends, but had lost touch for a little while. When Marianne found out I was suffering from depression she reached out and has been a fantastic support for me. Sometimes the most horrible of circumstances can have extrodinary positive outcomes, in so many different ways.

Maybe it sounds strange, but I'm glad that I've gone through this crazy journey of darkness and found the light.

It has made me the person I am today.

A person I actually like.

It has given me strength.

It has enabled old friendships to be rediscovered.

It has made me realise what the important things in life are.

It has shown me what love is.

What friendship is.

What hope is.

And the mad thing is, the black dog wants you to forget all those things, to drown them out, to tell you that you're disgusting, that life will never change, that nobody understands you, that you dont deserve friends, that you're weak and worthless....

In your face black dog

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment