Saturday 24 November 2012

A few distractions

Half watching Blood Diamond and loving Leo's s South African accent (although its not as good as my Botswana accent.....) and half distracting myself in any way possible as I have just remembered how traumatising this film is. I don't want to have any nightmares tonight.

Some people find horror movies scary, but for me, it's any film that's based on a true story. That's where the real horror lies. And those stories need to be seen and heard, i dont dispute that. It's important and necessary. But the pain and fear shown through the eyes of the oppressed always haunt me.

Anyway, I've got a bit distracted there.....I'm a bit of a sleepy girl who has a belly full of cheese free pizza. Which is, for the record, a lot tastier than it sounds.

The rain continues to pour down here in Bristol, and I've been getting fed up of reaching for my wellies and boring anorak everyday. I'm also getting increasingly bored of waiting for buses.

I get two buses on a Monday, two on a Tuesday, two on Wednesday, four on Thursday, and one on Friday. If my average wait for every bus is 15 minutes ( and quite frankly I am being very kind and generous there as its sometimes half an hour)....so 15x11 is 165.... And that works out at 2 hours 35 minutes?!?! Is that right? It just took me far too long to work that out. Flipping heck. That's a lot of wasted time. I must think of how I could use this productively. Perhaps invent something super duper...or begin writing that novel that's hiding inside me somewhere....

Xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment