Wednesday 26 September 2012

toothless rats (and other things that make me happy)


Despite having a continuous fear of rats, and dancing in public, I can't seem to get these lyrics out of my head....
....The rats on the street all dance round my feet,
 they seem to say Susie its up to you....

OK, OK I know that Hairspray the Musical is based on Tracey and not Susie, but still, artistic licence was needed. And I dont live in Baltimore, and my Dad doesnt own a joke shop. But I do often have a beehive hairdo which I too use copius amounts of hairspray on, possibly clogging up the ozone layer in the process.... I also have the voice of an angel and dance moves to rival MC Hammer. Or whoever the 1960s equivalant was...

Anyway, the point is, which I promise I'm getting to, is that I really do feel like dancing round the streets, particuarly with the rats round my feet (as long as they have no teeth) .... and that feeling hasnt been around for a bloody long time. So I will bask in its lovelieness. Soaking up every dancy, singy, ratty moment....


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment