Saturday 12 May 2012

even through the loudest storm, you can still hear a whisper

I've always got a couple of books on the go, I can't even attempt to sleep without having a little read. My own shitty reality shifts, and I can take myself away, deep into the pages of someone elses world...

Presently, I'm reading, 'The Heartbreaker' by Susan Howatch. My mum recommended it to me as a good novel, and I've found I can't put it down. I'm not going to give you a plot summary blah blah blah...instead I'm just going to scribble down a few quotes that SHOUTED at me as I was reading them...

...And whatever you do, don't lose hope...

...So I sit there, clutching on to hope with both hands. But at last I stand up. It's time to be active. It's time to work at my own rescue. It's time to start swimming in the shark infested sea...

..I feel as if I'm standing in a desert after the rains have arrives for the first time in years, and I know the tap marked HOPE has been turned all the way on...

(Taken from The Heartbreaker by Susan Howatch)

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good read,
    May well be popping into my local library this week to check it out. I love reading too, just the chance to take a moment away from your own reality and enter into someone else's for a while.
    Hope you have a good rest of your weekend and that the next week is full of sunshine for you.
    Take care,
    www.thinking-about-leaving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete