Thursday 12 April 2012

7 day catch up

....Checking in just to download some of my silly brain stuff. Some people call them 'thoughts', I just call mine 'rubbishy fluff'.

Anyway, the place where I'm staying is absolutely beautiful. So much space and gorgeous countryside. Been for a couple of walks already in the prettiest woods I've ever seen.....

.... And that's all I managed to write last week before the internet decided to stop working (that's what happens when you're out in the sticks!) Anyway, I said I was having a mini break from blogging, so never mind.

After an intrepid and slightly painful  (due to the amount of luggage I had to carry and the fact I had to wear my wellies and therefore got a blister and was all hot and bothered....)  journey, I'm back in the homestead.

I keep on getting distracted whilst writing this so its all a bit disjointed. Oh well, it doesn't really matter.

I had a lovely week away, it was good to have a change of scenery. It actually helped me to relax and it didn't matter that I wasn't in my little routine that I usually need so much at home. I cant remember the last time I had a week where I laughed and smiled so much. I don't want to forget that. I want to keep hold of it. The only trouble is, one of the people that made me giggle so much is going back to Australia for another year. But that's just life I guess, and I've got some amazing memories and hilarious photos to look back on. And I think its just encouraging to know that I can have some sort of happiness in my life again. Even if its just for a short amount of time, the black dog can't take that away from me.

However that's not saying that everything in my week was completely smooth sailing. I was something of an emotional roller coaster at times. Self doubt, zero confidence and insecurity continue to chase me around like a bad smell....


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment