Wednesday 30 October 2013

Skulking and sulking

Today I have spent a considerable amount of time skulking, and sulking, around.

I do like that word skulking.

Although actually participating in a skulk, is rather disagreeable.

The skulking started early, as I didn't sleep well, and was haunted by various kinds of nightmares. I pretty much wanted to hide away from the world again.

However, the full blown sulking, which then turned into skulking, exploded when the post arrived.

I shall save myself (and you too, dear reader) from describing the events that followed.

I don't mean to sound mysterious, I just don't want to get my knickers in a twist again.

And not just a 'simple to untie' knickers in a twist...

More like, the gnarled up elastic in the knickers made a massive messy knot, which then got twisted round one leg hole, and then the other, culminating in a tangled up pile of knickers that you may as well throw in the bin.

Anger, frustration, and a large dose of anxiety were the emotions that followed. Which then of course resulted in the skulking. And sulking.

Now I feel like I have used the word skulking umpteen times, and should probably stop.

Final skulk.

Last sulk.

Well, tomorrow is a new day. (Honestly, it really is. I checked my calendar and everything.) I'll be at work. Where I can neither skulk or sulk, so probably for the best that its all out of my system today.

xxx


1 comment: