Friday 4 January 2013

chill time please

Apologies for the lack of blogging lately. I feel so out of sync with my routine, but somehow very busy, and time keeps on running away from me....

Anyway, I went to counselling today for the first time in about 3 weeks, and the load on my shoulders felt a lot lighter after the session. (Metaphorically speaking of course, I haven't been carrying around a couple of boulders on my back...)

I've been struggling a bit these past few days, especially with the prospect of a new year ahead of me, it can feel so overwhelming.

Sometimes I get so caught up in other peoples expectations of me, that I forget what my own expectations are, if I have any at all. And then I worry that if I don't achieve those expectations then I've let people down. Its a tricky conundrum.

But I'm going to try and forget all about that now, because Mr B has just called at the door, and I know I've got an evening of relaxation ahead of me.

And as he would say,

"Just chill Susie, chill."

xxx

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy simply reading all of your weblogs. Simply wanted to inform you that you have people like me who appreciate your work. natural depression treatment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! lovely to have encouraging feedback :) xx

    ReplyDelete