Tuesday 11 December 2012

pom poms are ACE

Did anyone else start to clean their bedroom today and end up making woollen pom poms all afternoon? Nope? Just me then.....

I have decided that pom poms are my new favourite Christmas decoration. And they are a great way to use up all my random coloured bits of wool left at the bottom of my knitting bag. They're just like baubles but without the danger of breakage, or the nice shiny sheen that baubles have....But pom poms are homemade, and they are also have a pretty retro look about them. Which baubles don't have.Yeah. Pom poms rock.

 As do my homemade paper chains. Daddy Pig asked me if I wanted to use the guillotine to make them nice and straight, to which I replied,

"Nahhhh, I'm not bothered about things like that Daddy Pig. These are rustic!".... And look like my 4 year old nephew made them...

I must go and tidy up the mess that I made in the process actually. Which kind of made my room twice as messy as it was in the beginning. Curses. Oh well, I cannot control my creative urges or instincts.

When you can feel the creative juices flowing round your body, you just have to go for it. Forget about everything else, and get lost in a world of pom poms and paint (or something similar...)

My creativity is my saviour really... (even though what I do it not very good, it doesn't matter...Oh no I shouldn't say that, that's the black dog getting in my head!)

Cuz actually my little arty farty funny world is a good place for me to be. I like it.

Although tomorrow I'm supposed to be taking one of my paintings to my art group....and I may have to accidentally on purpose forget it....Bit scary showing other people my work...I should take it though. I know it will help me. And I don't want to be that woman who buried herself under a bushel, or whatever that parable was.....

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment