Saturday 5 November 2011

duvet and miss jones

In the ongoing battle between myself and my bed, today, the bed has won a small victory.

Although, I did manage to crawl out and stretch myself for a yoga class. I later resumed the plank position (technical yoga term which I may have got wrong) on the sofa, duvet and body entwined as one.

Ah well. I'm not going to beat myself up about it too much.

These things happen.

And we all need a snuggle with our duvets every now and again. Perhaps its a little sad that I'm getting hugs from a duvet and not a boyfriend, but I believe the duvet carries a lot less baggage. It never tries to argue with me when I want to watch a Sex and the City, it doesn't mind when I spill crumbs all over it, and most importantly, I am always, without doubt, right. A perfect relationship I think. Oh and it keeps my feet warm without claiming I have ice blocks for toes, and it never leaves me. Lovely stuff. Susie and her duvet, forever, together, for years to come.

Oh dear, I have this sinking feeling that I'm sounding a little 'Bridget Jones' esq this evening. I really must do better. After all, I don't even like Mr Darcy. And I hardly ever wear big knickers...

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment