Saturday 12 November 2011

dream big, start small

Ooch. Naughty Sooz, been neglecting my witterings for a few days. But fear not, I am back. I've just been getting a little bit distracted by London life.

And its good being distracted. More than good in fact, I've really enjoyed being here this week. Yet, saying that, I can't help but feel an uncomfortable niggle that refuses to go away. A niggle that tells me that everyone around me is chasing their dreams, and achieving all kinds of brilliance, that I can't help but feel jealous of.

Achievement can be judged and ranked in so many different ways,  but I think that its peoples passion that I feel so envious of. I want a piece of that. I want to channel and pursue my own dreams, instead of being constantly frightened of failure.

Just a small challenge for today then! Ha. Oh dear.

But one must start small, and so here are my ideas...

A lot of people have shown me amazing kindness, particularly over the past year. I have been asked many times by friends, "is there anything I can do to help you?", and usually, my mind goes blank, and I can't really think of anything. But today, I have two ways that YOU can help me...

1. Spread the blogging word. Tell people about www.letstalkaboutdepression.blogspot.com
I want to get as many people as possible clicking in and having a read. I want to reach out. I want to help, in any small way possible.....

Which is all part of a bigger plan....I want to try get something published. In some way, shape or form, I would like to be able for my blog to turn into a book. (EEEK! can't quite believe I've shared that with the universe, deep breath Sooz.)

So any advice, ideas, connections, suggestions, please, let me know! I have no idea where to start. And I'm petrified...

2. Over the past year I have created a mountain of paintings. And I'm thinking about putting together a teeny tiny exhibition. Again, I have no idea how to do this. Do you know of a small space that I could create an exhibition of my work? Maybe just for the weekend?

So just a few cheeky favours to ask all of you gorgeous people who read this :-)
I can't quite believe I've written this, I must have had too much diet coke or something.

I can't do this on my own.
I need your help.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment