Friday 11 February 2011

Blood on the dance floor....(lets hope not!)

Today it felt like spring. A pal came over and we went for a walk in the sunshine. It was beautiful.

 I'm not really into all those springtime cliches...the birds were singing...the flowers blooming....lambs frolicking....its a little predictable! But if I were into springtime cliches, then the views this afternoon pretty much fitted the bill...

 So much of yesterday was spent indoors, trapped in a little dark bubble. It was good to break free.

This evening I'm hoping to go to my streetdance class. I have been a dancer my whole life, and I love it. It takes me away from everything, and means that for just a little while my crazy brain can be turned off. All that matters is me, the music and busting my amazing moves! Actually I'm pretty funny to watch...because I'm trained in ballet, tap, and contemporary I'm having to learn a whole new style of moving. Think of the girl in Save the Last Dance, but without those awful outfits.....haha!

 Last week I only managed to do half of the class as my energy levels were so low, and I was shaking so much. So this week I'm going to try and dance for 15 mins, break for 5 mins, and try and pace myself throughout the class. I can't describe just how frustrating it is to be continuously physically and mentally stopped from doing things. Yet it makes me so much more understanding of what it must be like for others.

So think (and that doesn't mean laugh!) of me tonight as I try and shake my little booty accross the dancefloor.....

Big love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment